Rebecca Chase Williams was named Brookhaven Mayor on June 9, 2015, following the resignation of the city's first mayor, J. Max Davis, to run for another office.
Prior to that, Williams was elected to represent District 1 in November 2012.
Williams is originally from Illinois, but has lived in Brookhaven’s Nancy Creek neighborhood for nearly 30 years. She was previously an award-winning journalist with ABC News. She currently supports her husband, Dick Williams, as co-owner of the Dunwoody Crier newspaper.
Williams has served on numerous local boards and associations, including the Byrnwyck Homeowners’ Association, the Ashford Alliance Community Association Zoning Committee, St. Martin’s Episcopal School Board of Trustees and Citizens for North DeKalb. She also has served on various committees at both St. Pius X Catholic High School and the Marist School.
She is an active member of All Saints Catholic Church in Dunwoody.
Williams and her husband have two daughters.
- Develop and maintain a responsive police force
- Deliver excellent parks and recreation centers
- Update and maintain roads and sidewalks
- Create zoning that protects our quality of life
- Develop performance-based partnerships to deliver city services in a cost-effective way