Councilman Joe Gebbia was elected to represent District 4 in December 2012 and ran unopposed in 2013.
Gebbia, a native New Yorker, has lived in DeKalb County for the past 10 years. He currently lives in Brookhaven’s Pine Hills neighborhood.
He currently operates Health Matters, Inc., an online natural goods wholesale business, the result of a decision to lead a healthier lifestyle 15 years ago. Gebbia has previously worked for several Fortune 500 companies, including Proctor & Gamble, Mobil and SOHIO.
He has a bachelor’s degree in history from Allegheny College and a master’s in business administration from Youngstown College. He also studied abroad at the University of Manchester.
Gebbia and his wife Eileen have two grown children, Joe Jr. and Kimberly.
Gebbia’s committee appointments:
- Liaison to the Brookhaven Chamber of Commerce
- Act as a true representative of the people that live in District 4
- Identify a permanent location for Brookhaven City Hall
- Launch a police department
- Identify possible locations for a park in District 4